Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm tired.

So, I was thinking about what to title this post, and almost instantly "I'm tired" popped into my head. And I was like, nahhhh I can't name a post that, because I always talk about how tired I am...

But remember, dear readers? It's a mommy blog. I can be as tired as I want and I can always mention it in every conversation. Oh no, you are never more tired than me, readers. Just remember that.

Today I got my sweet girl to laugh. It was so cute and melted my heart. Mr. Simon is growing so big and I swear every day he is doing something new. As is my habit, I am perpetually looking toward the future, thinking of all the great things the kids and I will do when X get a little older, or Y can talk better. I have a bad habit of always wanting the next phase, and kind of missing out on the one at hand. I'm trying to be better about it, but it's really hard.

Like, for instance, I felt that the 3-6 month range was probably the funnest when Simon was an infant. All Ruby's newborn weeks, I looked forward to this time... But now that she is, I'm looking forward to other things. Like sitting up unassisted. Starting solids. That kind of thing. I need to learn to slow down.

I need to throw diapers in the dryer, take care of my fishies and my kitties and hit the hay. Teen Mom can wait.

... pretty sure I smell like throw up.

No comments:

Post a Comment