Monday, August 29, 2011

It's oh, so quiet...

The kids are asleep (for now), the laundry is folded, diapers are drying, the living room is clean... I am feeling rather accomplished. Now I just need to go the bed myself. My little princess wakes up a bajillion times at night to eat, it makes mama tired.

Sometimes I feel like my mind is running a million miles a minute. I can think of all kinds of things I need to do or want to do, buy. I want to buy Simon some more blocks, some shoes, a fall jacket, a chair, a booster seat. I want to buy Ruby a convertible carseat, more bows, more babylegs, fall clothes, some toys of her own. I want to buy myself some clothes that fit, a nice winter jacket, new shoes, get my bangs trimmed, my hair colored, my eyebrows waxed. I need new glasses because Simon broke my last pair and I'm on my last pair of contacts. I want to get my broken tooth fixed. I want to get a pedicure. Want to buy a desk chair. Put money in savings for the kids, buy another vehicle, buy a house.

But truth be told, I am pretty happy. I am lucky I get to be the brand snob that I am. I am lucky that I have time to spend with my kids, time to meal plan, time to worry about the state of my toenails. I am lucky that we can afford those organic eggs that I insist on, more than double a regular carton of eggs. And I have healthy kids. A wonderful husband. The best friends. A family who loves me, regardless of my faults or my ridiculous mop.

I really think I have the best little family. My husband does anything and everything for us. He works hard with little complaint. He loves me and he loves the kids. And he is the best dad. I know every wife says that, but it's true. He really is. Of course, my kiddos are pretty great. Simon is just so full of life, so happy and so independent. He loves his mama and his kitty and his baby sister. And Ruby... well, miss Ruby is still showing us who she is. One thing I know for sure, this one's a little spitfire. And she's going to give B and I a run for our money the rest of our lives.

I guess you're probably wondering, "what's your point, O typical mommy blogger?" and my answer for you? I have none.


I could do a real post. I could post about how when I finally get a chance to go to the bathroom, the stupid cats bust in. I could post about how every single time I put Ruby in the Bumbo on the table, I see that stupid warning that tells you not to use it on an elevated surface, and I feel guilty. Even though I'm literally RIGHT THERE, I see that warning and I know I'm breaking the rules. Like somehow Ruby is going to leap out of that Bumbo, past my waiting arms and break her neck on the floor. Or work. I suppose I could post about work. About how I spent a good four hours on Saturday morning patting myself on the back for being such a good mommy with a coworker of mine.

Or I could talk about how I stopped washing makeup off and now my face is breaking out. And how I'm still not going to wash makeup off. Or how I've decided that this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNDfreK0Yno

is the funniest commercial since the Geico caveman commercials came out.

Watch that. Right now.

1 comment: