Monday, August 22, 2011

Confessions of a desperate housewife.

Just kidding. I'm not desperate. I just like a dramatic title.

But it is a confession, of sorts. My confession is that for my birthday, I plan to make myself a homemade carrot cake. I've never tried to make a cake on my own before (you know, not out of a box) and I have been thinking about it... for at least a week. Planning, planning... thinking. I think about it at work when I should be helping customers. In the car on the ride home. Just like, all the time. I am so excited. :) I hope it turns out good.

I don't really know what to blog about today. The kids were good. They did adorable kid things. I am trying to crib train Ruby and it's not going so hot. Firstly, I am not dedicated AT. ALL. She doesn't sleep well as it is, and I'm really not looking forward to rocking the boat. The problem is, she sleeps in a Rock and Play Sleeper, which she is getting entirely too big for and she keeps rolling over in. It's actually kind of dangerous.

So I halfheartedly attempted it tonight, but I just don't have the patience in me. I guess I feel like bedtime is like, my reward time. After working all day and taking care of the kids all evening, I need some down time. Some quiet time. Some off time. I just don't have the energy to crib train her on top of it all.

So, she slept in there for a short time during nap time and for about three minutes at bedtime. I figure it's a start. Hopefully this weekend when B is off we can work on it together. Like, take turns or something.


This morning I arrived at work early and it was so glorious. I sat down, ate a Chick Fil A breakfast burrito and just enjoyed the morning sun. I don't know why I always feel like I need a break, you know? It's amazing how much of my life is consumed by kiddos.



No comments:

Post a Comment